Scientific and Engineering Practices
Engaging in Argument from Evidence
Cause and Effect
- Plants and animals meet their needs.
- Plants change their environment to meet their needs.
- Animals change their environment to meet their needs.
Students are able to:
- Gather data (evidence) to support a claim that plants and animals alter the environment when meeting their needs.
Students understand that:
- Systems in the natural and designed world have parts that work together like the plants and animals within their environments.