Scientific and Engineering Practices
Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions
Structure and Function
- How plants use their external parts to survive, grow and meet their needs.
- How animals use their external parts to survive, grow and meet their needs.
- People can imitate how plants and animals survive and grow to help us solve a human problem.
Students are able to:
- Design a device that attempts to solve a human problem.
- Use materials to imitate external structures of plants and animals.
Students understand that:
- The shape and stability of structures of natural and designed objects are related to their function.
- human problem
- external parts