Scientific and Engineering Practices
Planning and Carrying out Investigations
- Different kinds of matter exists.
- Properties of both solids (opaque, transparent, translucent, rough, smooth, float, sink, has its own shape) and liquids (color, assumes shape of container, opaque, transparent, translucent).
- Many types of matter can be either solid or liquid, depending on temperature.
Students are able to:
- Plan and conduct an investigation to produce data that is used to describe and classify substances according to physical properties.
Students understand that:
- Observable patterns in the properties of materials provide evidence to classify the different kinds of materials.
- Physical Properties