Scientific and Engineering Practices
Developing and Using Models
Structure and Function
- The structure of a plant.
- The relevant structures of the animal.
- The process of plant pollination.
- The relationship between components of their model that allow for movement of pollen or seeds.
- Relationships between the parts of the model they are developing and the parts of the animal they are simulating.
Students are able to:
- Develop and use a simple model to simulate how animals disperse seeds.
- Develop and use a simple model to simulate how animals pollinate plants.
Students understand that:
- The shape and structure of plants and animals are designed to interact with their environment and function to disperse seeds or pollinate plants.
- Engineering Design Process