Scientific and Engineering Practices
Developing and Using Models
- The physical features of Earth can be modeled, as on a map.
- The relationship between components their model and kinds of land and bodies of water in a given area.
Students are able to:
- Create a model that represents both land and bodies of water in an area.
- Make connections between their model and the shapes and kinds of land and water in an area.
Students understand that:
- Models can represent patterns in the natural world like the shapes and kinds of land and bodies of water in an area.
- Physical features