Scientific and Engineering Practices
Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions
Stability and Change
- Wind and water can change the shape of the land on Earth, sometimes slowly and sometimes quickly.
- Solutions that can slow or prevent wind or water from changing the land impacts the natural world.
Students are able to:
- Examine changes caused by Earth's events, like winds and floods.
- Test, compare, and evaluate solutions (technologies) that address changes caused by Earth's events.
Students understand that:
- Earth's events may change the land slowly or rapidly.
- Developing and using technology has an impact on the natural world.
- Test solutions
- Earth's events/natural phenomena
- Wind breaks/technology
- Engineering Design Process