Scientific and Engineering Practices
Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information
- Climate describes a range of an area's typical weather conditions and the extent to which those condition change over the years.
- Books and other reliable media provide information that can be used to describe climates in different regions of the world.
- Variations in climates within different regions of the world.
Students are able to:
- Identify reliable resources for gathering information.
- Identify the different regions of the world and their climates.
- Evaluate information in the resources.
- Use information to describe the climates in different regions and their patterns.
Students understand that:
- Patterns in climate can be used to make predictions about typical weather conditions in a region.
- Reliable media